Re: Using wheezy or squeeze.

Le 11.01.2013 00:14, Steven Ayre a écrit :
If you're
really paranoid, I suppose you have three servers: Live,
Copy-of-Live
and Development. :)

I wouldn't call that paranoid at all, I'd call that good practice...

And, sometimes, there is a 4th one: testing.

_ Development : some databases with purely fictional values and development tools, used to create and first debugging pass _ testing : snapshot of real databases and candidates of stuff you'll release, used for full tests in real conditions
_ working : real server
_ working-copy : used when working crash

No parano here, just precautions to have a really stable production server. You will notice that Debian's "versions" are not far from that: unstable, testing, stable. There is only experimental and old-stable which lacks in my description, but there are processes which say you should keep all old stable copies of your softwares, in case you have to read anew an old save/data/whatever.
Parano for a user, but simply avoiding money losses for an enterprise.