Re: Using wheezy or squeeze.

rodrigo tavares <rodrigofariat@yahoo.com.br> writes:
> I have used debian 6.0 squezze, and some packages is old, since the
> wheezy, have a packages new version.
> I need to install a mail server with potfix, LDAP, e Cyrus IMAP. I
> want install version Cyrus 2.4, is in squeeze is 2.2.
>
> Can I to trust in Wheeezy?

If there are only a few packages you need from testing (wheezy), you
should not upgrade your entire system to wheezy and instead only get the
newer packages you need.  First, see if they have been backported to
squeeze: <http://backports-master.debian.org/>. If they're not in
squeeze-backports, get the Debian source packages from wheezy and build
them on your squeeze system.  I'll let someone who is more familiar with
the Debian packaging tools instruct you on this, but BE SURE TO VERIFY
THE SIGNATURES OF THE SOURCE PACKAGES!

Hope this helps,
Aidan Gauland