Re: Using wheezy or squeeze.

If you're
really paranoid, I suppose you have three servers: Live, Copy-of-Live
and Development. :)

I wouldn't call that paranoid at all, I'd call that good practice...

Use 'stable' (Copy-of-Live) to check your application will run ok with the packages/versions available on squeeze. Sometimes it'll mean falling back to backports, creating your own backport, or adjusting your application.
I've found such problems on several occasions - developing on testing and finding a dependency wasn't available in squeeze, was too old to support feature X, or a library's API had changed.

Use 'testing' (Development) to check there're no surprises when testing becomes the new stable.
One memorable one that came up in the lenny->squeeze transition was the removal of the MySQL Cluster engine from MySQL Server between 5.0 and 5.1 (the projects forked).

-Steve