Re: Running jackd.

On Tue, Jan 08, 2013 at 03:45:32PM +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> Good time of the day, Rob.
>

> Thank You, Rob, for Your time and answer, again. You wrote:
>
> > I understand that you're giving up for now.  If you decide to try
> > again, you might want to try connecting to the jack server with
> > mplayer like this:
> >
> > mplayer -ao jack somefile.flac
>
> I have run q-ctl under another user (that never used jack, q-ctl -
> before) first that would not start in messages window I see again:
>
> ALSA: use 2 periods for playback
> 15:36:48.827 Could not connect to JACK server as client. - Overall
> operation failed. - Server communication error. Please check the messages window for more info.
> JackPosixProcessSync::LockedTimedWait error usec = 5000000 err =
> Connection timed out
> Driver is not running
> Cannot read socket fd = 14 err = Success
> Cannot create new client
> CheckRes error
> JackSocketClientChannel read fail
> Cannot open qjackctl client
> CheckSize error size = -1 Size() = 4
> CheckRead error
> CheckSize error size = 0 Size() = 12
> CheckRead error
> 15:36:50.677 JACK is stopping...
> Jack main caught signal 15
>
> In the LED-like screen of qjackctl is hangin message Stopping
>
> When I ran mpalyer - it also hangs - does not play (no time going, nor
> sound heard).
>
> So, not an easy task for me to run.
>
> Rob, do think I should report a bug against jackd? Or in view of wheezy
> freeze nobody will pay attention to it (as it is not a RC bug)?

It might be worthwhile at this point.  If it is a bug, but doesn't get
fixed in Wheezy, at least maybe you'll learn of a workaround.

But before you submit a bug, try on more thing:

In qjackctl, hit "Setup" and take a look at the right-hand column.
Specifically, the Interface, Input Device, and Output Device.  You have
been using hw:0 up until now.  If there are others available (hw:1, etc)
you may want to try them.

-Rob