Re: wpa_supplicant.wlan1.pid

 On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 22:00:31 +1200 "Chris Bannister
 cbannister@slingshot.co.nz" suggested this:

>On Sat, Jun 09, 2012 at 05:54:53PM +1000, Charlie wrote:
>>  On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 18:28:52 +1200 "Chris Bannister
>>  cbannister@slingshot.co.nz" suggested this:
>>
>> >It's a wheezy [testing] system and aptitude search firmware doesn't
>> >off
>> >
>> >Is the non-free entry in "/etc/apt/sources.list" ?
>>
>> I do
>>

>> >i.e:
>> >tal% less /etc/apt/sources.list
>> >deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main
>> >
>> >deb http://ftp.nz.debian.org/debian wheezy main contrib non-free
>>
>> I've not that system up, but it's testing on that system and yes:
>> main contrib non-free. Except it's "au" not "nz". May not be as
>> reliable?
>
>Ummm, should be ok.
>
>What is output of:
>"apt-cache policy firmware-linux-nonfree"?

Booted the lappy and my /etc/apt/sources.list contains:

deb http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib

deb-src http://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib

deb http://security.debian.org/ testing/updates main contrib non-free

deb http://www.deb-multimedia.org testing main non-free

apt-cache policy firmware-linux-nonfree
N: Unable to locate package firmware-linux-nonfree

aptitude search firmware

p   dns323-firmware-tools                            - build and
manipulate firmware images for the DNS-323

p expeyes-firmware-dev      - hardware & software framework for
developing science experi

i firmware-linux-free           - Binary firmware for various drivers
in the Linux kernel

i firmware-ralink        - Binary firmware for Ralink wireless cards

p grub-firmware-qemu         - GRUB firmware image for QEMU

I must be missing something somewhere.

But I have wireless through the usb dongle and the
firmware-ralink        - Binary firmware for Ralink wireless cards

So I'm not worried at all Chris.

It's not a real problem at the moment, that could change of course and
then I'll just have to find another work around.

Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the
sound of trumpets. --Voltaire