Re: wpa_supplicant.wlan1.pid

 On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:41:57 +0000 (UTC) "Camaleón noelamac@gmail.com"
 suggested this:

>Okay, let's back to the warning message and the behaviour you get.
>Some questions:
>
>1/ Despite the warning on the PID, is the wireless connection still
>available and working?

Yes, it appears to pick it up on the second try as shown in the
original post

>2/ How did you setup the network, by manually editing the
>"/etc/network/ interfaces" file or using an applet such N-M or WICD?

Yes by manually editing the "/etc/network/ interfaces" file

>3/ Do you have a pattern for the error? I mean, when are you getting
>that message? It could be normal if you (or a daemon) restart (or
>shutdown and then start) the network service or that wireless
>interface (wlan1).

I don't have access to the wireless service at the moment and won't
again probably till Monday June 11.

But it appears that the daemon can't find a fie and then tries again
and makes the connection.

It's just that I haven't had this happen previously and just wondered
why it was happening? As you suggest, it might be quite normal. It's a
Toshiba laptop with an Intel wireless adapter that I'm unable to get to
work, so I plug in a wireless dongle that is recognised by the Debian
Wheezy system.

I would have tested it again yesterday, but due to floods couldn't get
back into town where I volunteer at the local community centre. I
connect the lappy into their wireless network.

I just noted that change while connecting on last Monday, and wondered
if it would cause problems in the future.

Thank you for your time in this. But until I can get back into town I
won't be able to see if it's been fixed since the last update.

Thank you.
Charlie
--
Registered Linux User:- 329524

The Great Way is not difficult for those who have no preferences.
--Sengstan Third Zen Patriarch