Re: wpa_supplicant.wlan1.pid

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 14:13:18 +1000, Charlie wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 15:25:18 +0000 (UTC) "Camaleón noelamac@gmail.com"
>  suggested this:
>
>>> I get this message:
>>>
>>> Sometimes the connection fails and sometimes it continues on as here:
>>>
>>> bound to xxx.xxx.x.xxx -- renewal in 34212 seconds. cat:
>>> /var/run/wpa_supplicant.wlan1.pid: No such file or directory
>>
>>(...)
>>
>>Are you running Squeeze? If yes, it could be this bug:
>>
>>http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=638789
>>
>>(see message #10)
>
> Apologies for not mentioning it - I should have mentioned. I'm using
> Wheezy. [hangs head in shame]

No problem but that means we have to look elsewhere :-)

> But thank you for your reply, I will read the document just the same.

Okay, let's back to the warning message and the behaviour you get. Some
questions:

1/ Despite the warning on the PID, is the wireless connection still
available and working?

2/ How did you setup the network, by manually editing the "/etc/network/
interfaces" file or using an applet such N-M or WICD?

3/ Do you have a pattern for the error? I mean, when are you getting that
message? It could be normal if you (or a daemon) restart (or shutdown and
then start) the network service or that wireless interface (wlan1).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón