Re: wpa_supplicant.wlan1.pid

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 08:59:53 +1000, Charlie wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:41:57 +0000 (UTC) "Camaleón noelamac@gmail.com"
>  suggested this:

>>1/ Despite the warning on the PID, is the wireless connection still
>>available and working?
>
> Yes, it appears to pick it up on the second try as shown in the original
> post

Mmm... I would like to see then the full trace coming from "/var/log/
syslog" to see what's happening before and after that message. There
seems to be a DHCP renewal request but I'd like to see the complete
sequence.

>>2/ How did you setup the network, by manually editing the "/etc/network/
>>interfaces" file or using an applet such N-M or WICD?
>
> Yes by manually editing the "/etc/network/ interfaces" file

Okay.

>>3/ Do you have a pattern for the error? I mean, when are you getting
>>that message? It could be normal if you (or a daemon) restart (or
>>shutdown and then start) the network service or that wireless interface
>>(wlan1).
>
> I don't have access to the wireless service at the moment and won't
> again probably till Monday June 11.
>
> But it appears that the daemon can't find a fie and then tries again and
> makes the connection.

Yes, it could be triggered by dhcp-client.

> It's just that I haven't had this happen previously and just wondered
> why it was happening? As you suggest, it might be quite normal. It's a
> Toshiba laptop with an Intel wireless adapter that I'm unable to get to
> work, so I plug in a wireless dongle that is recognised by the Debian
> Wheezy system.

You can load a LiveCD of another distribution to test if the embedded
wifi card is available from there... anyway, is it detected by the system
(lspci or dmesg)? If yes, there's still hope to return the adapter back
to life.

> I would have tested it again yesterday, but due to floods couldn't get
> back into town where I volunteer at the local community centre. I
> connect the lappy into their wireless network.
>
> I just noted that change while connecting on last Monday, and wondered
> if it would cause problems in the future.
>
> Thank you for your time in this. But until I can get back into town I
> won't be able to see if it's been fixed since the last update.

Okay, keep us informed :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón