Re: Solved: Re: Can't install flashplugin.nonfree. ERROR: wget failed to download

I thank you all for your help.  But there seems to be a big misunderstanding.

The issue is not how to use sudo or how to set up no-password.

If you could see my original report, it would be clear.  But it seems to have fallen off the thread.

Here is what happened.

$sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
then I typed my password.
-----
ERROR: wget failed to download
http://people.debian.org/~bartm/flashplugin-nonfree/fp10.sha512.amd64.pgp.asc
More information might be available at:
 http://wiki.debian.org/FlashPlayer

I checked the following
$ LANG="en_US.utf8" wget -v
http://people.debian.org/~bartm/flashplugin-nonfree/fp10.sha512.amd64.pgp.asc
--2012-04-30
14:42:43--
http://people.debian.org/~bartm/flashplugin-nonfree/fp10.sha512.amd64.pgp.asc
Resolving ns14... 10.1.1.12
Connecting to ns14|10.1.1.12|:8080... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 1273 (1.2K) [text/plain]
fp10.sha512.amd64.pgp.asc: Permission denied

Next, I did this

$su
Then I typed my password
# apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree

And it succeeded.

So, it seems that when I invoked the command under sudo,
the script invoked by the command tried to write a file to a directory, but failed
because of denied permission.
But when I invoked it under superuser, it succeeded.

So, I wonder whether this is because
(1)  I mishandled my set up of sudo
(2) this is a subtle bug of packaging of flashplugin-nonfree,
(3) this is a feature of flashplugin-nonfree package unavoidable for some security reason
(4) Debian culture commands that I become superuser instead of using sudo.

Cheers,
Han Soo