Re: Solved: Re: Can't install flashplugin.nonfree. ERROR: wget failed to download

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 04:37:16PM +0900, Han Soo Chang wrote:
> Thanks for your response.
>
> Yes, I installed sudo, and edited the confiugration file using visudo.
> That was easy.
> And I have been using sudo in all the cases where I needed to be root.
> I believed that it gives me better security.
>
> However, in this particular case of installing flashplugin-nonfree,
> sudo apt-get failed, but su apt-get succeeded.
>
> What I'm trying to say is that this could be interpreted as a subtle bug,
> because it confuses a user like me.

I don't think it's a bug...
If you add your user to the sudo group and use the line:

yourusername   ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

in /etc/sudoers, everything should work and you'll
get no password prompt. Of course, replace "youusername"
with your actual username. :)

--
 Indulekha