Re: Solved: Re: Can't install flashplugin.nonfree. ERROR: wget failed to download

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 05:07:26PM +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 05:05:28PM +0900, Han Soo Chang wrote:
> > Thanks for your help.
> >
> > It was just that I needed to apt-get install as root, not sudo apt-get.
> >
> > The following command
> > # apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
> > worked just fine.
> >
> > $ sudo apt-get install flashplugin-nonfree
> > failed because the invoked script probably did not have the write permission
> > for a certain directory.
> >
> > This is a little bit confusing for a newbie like me.
> > But, anyway, I can now see the videos on youtube.
>
> Just remember Debian isn't Ubuntu. When you see "sudo blah blah blah"
> just run "blah blah blah" as root¹.
>
> Ubuntu specifically sets up sudo, they don't like you being root!
> whereas, in Debian, ***YOU*** would have to install sudo and configure
> it to get the desired result.
>
> ¹ "su -c blah blah blah" is probably better.

?????
I use sudo all the time, and have done so for years.
'Course you have to install it, add your user to the
sudo group, and edit /etc/sudoers with the "visudo"
command first. But all that is very easy.
Install sudo and read "man sudo".
Feel free to ask me if you need further help with it.

--
 Indulekha