Re: upgrade to Wheezy fails with aptitude

Am Mittwoch, 4. April 2012 schrieb Scott Ferguson:
> > Hope this explains,
>
> Thanks.
> Sort of explains things to me - I'm still lost as to why I'd want to
> remove packages for which no repository is currently listed in
> /etc/apt/sources.list or /etc/apt/sources.list.d/*.list
> Packages that custom packages, packages for which there no longer is a
> repository (Google packages, temp custom repos) and packages installed
> using repositories enabled only to install that package (eg. Debian
> Multimedia).

It would be nice if I could now whether I installed a packages manually
via dpkg -i and m-a a-i, well which uses dpkg, it whether apt-get or
aptitude installed it, i.e. whether I installed the package via a package
manager or a package repository manager.

This way I could purge files that are still no longer available in the
archive but have been before, without removed self compiled kernels,
modules or packages installed from files.