Re: regarding e2fsprogs 1.42

ok, thanks for your tip .
This is a critical system since it's a backup server :\
I went for xfs when we upgraded the disks, but xfs gave me serious
performance problems. Deleting hardlinks from backing up a mailserver
(~1.6TB maildirs) went from ~5 hours on ext4 to more than 28 hours on
xfs (?)
I've been through kernel 2.6.38 and 2.6.39 and did several performance
adjustments and managed to cut it down to 15 hours or so, but it was
still unacceptable compared to ext4 .

I may try out chroot or I'll simply settle with 16TB partition chunks .

thanks for all the replies .

regards
Joar Jegleim

--