Re: what's the nice package to open eps file

On Monday 02,January,2012 05:21 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 02/01/12 19:46, lina wrote:
On Monday 02,January,2012 04:43 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 02/01/12 19:26, lina wrote:
On Monday 02,January,2012 04:23 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 02/01/12 19:09, lina wrote:
On Monday 02,January,2012 04:07 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 02/01/12 18:33, lina wrote:
On Monday 02,January,2012 03:25 PM, lina wrote:
Hi,
<snipped>
Before I had no problem using gimp open .eps,

just recent something wrong with gimp or maybe I use xfce4, no gdm
and gnome stuff.
Cheers

What happens if you just start GIMP from the cli (without telling it to
open the .eps) eg.:-
$ gimp

$ gimp

(gimp:32020): GLib-WARNING **:
/tmp/buildd/glib2.0-2.30.2/./glib/goption.c:2168: ignoring no-arg,
optional-arg or filename flags (8) on option of type 0

Actually this WARNING appeared long long time ago even the gimp can work
functionally.
It sure looks broken - what's more it looks much like:-
which is a clone of:-
Thanks,
Pick one and add to it :-(

You could try:-
# gimp --verbose -df

But I don't think it's going to lead to a quick fix - it does appear as
if it's an XFCE thing. Sorry.

<snipped>
When I used
aptitude purge gimp
aptitude install gimp

I forget to update, so in the past I still installed the gimp 2.6.11 -7

Now update to 2.6.11-8 and reboot, it works.

Thanks,

To check whether it requires other packages - do you get any proposed
actions from:-
no
$ apt-get -sf install
$ apt-get -sf install
NOTE: This is only a simulation!
       apt-get needs root privileges for real execution.
       Keep also in mind that locking is deactivated,
       so don't depend on the relevance to the real current situation!
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
I doubt you are missing any required packages then.

<snipped>

Cheers