Re: what's the nice package to open eps file

On Monday 02,January,2012 04:43 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 02/01/12 19:26, lina wrote:
On Monday 02,January,2012 04:23 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 02/01/12 19:09, lina wrote:
On Monday 02,January,2012 04:07 PM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 02/01/12 18:33, lina wrote:
On Monday 02,January,2012 03:25 PM, lina wrote:
Hi,
<snipped>
Before I had no problem using gimp open .eps,

just recent something wrong with gimp or maybe I use xfce4, no gdm
and gnome stuff.
Cheers

What happens if you just start GIMP from the cli (without telling it to
open the .eps) eg.:-
$ gimp

$ gimp

(gimp:32020): GLib-WARNING **: /tmp/buildd/glib2.0-2.30.2/./glib/goption.c:2168: ignoring no-arg, optional-arg or filename flags (8) on option of type 0

Actually this WARNING appeared long long time ago even the gimp can work functionally.
It seems that I have installed the essential package,

$ dpkg -l | grep gimp ii  gimp
2.6.11-7                          The GNU Image Manipulation Program
ii  gimp-data                             2.6.11-7
Data files for GIMP ii  libgimp2.0
2.6.11-7                          Libraries for the GNU Image
Manipulation Program
Agreed.
To check whether it requires other packages - do you get any proposed
actions from:-
no
$ apt-get -sf install
$ apt-get -sf install
NOTE: This is only a simulation!
      apt-get needs root privileges for real execution.
      Keep also in mind that locking is deactivated,
      so don't depend on the relevance to the real current situation!
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done

NOTE that ^ is run as user, *not* root (belt and suspenders)

Cheers

Thanks,