Re: Some applications freezing up

Le 22.12.2012 19:09, Andrei POPESCU a écrit :
On Sb, 22 dec 12, 14:43:26, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

Sounds like you are using mpd to play music. I have noticed that
sometimes it uses more CPU than it really needs (restart it usually
fix the problem so...) so it could be an mpd problem.

Maybe it's doing some database indexing or so. For simple listening mpd
runs fine on the Raspberry Pi (with AAC streams) and even on a router
with 240Mhz MIPS CPU (but only with MP3 streams).

Kind regards,
Andrei

Maybe, but I think mpd do such things when you explicitly ask it to update the database. However, I've clue about that. I did not investigate more, because it is not the bigger performance problem on my computer, so... And yes, anyway it works well on a very old computer of mine when there it have not too many tasks to do :) that's why I use it since many months now, and just forgot vlc (which became more and more dirty and heavy in my opinion. I think it just disgusted me at max near v0.95, when random misteriously stopped to be random, which can not be a bug, but a will, because random is so easy to implement in C/C++...) which I was using before.