RE: Is it possible to install nowadays on Debian SID the LibreOffice 3.6.4?

"Mark Allums" <mark@allums.com> writes:
> On 2012-12-17 21:41 +0100, Csanyi Pal wrote:
[ snipped ]
> Typically, the dependencies of experimental packages are not sorted
> out properly, so installing them can be a trial.  I routinely install
> package from experimental, and from my experience, I recommend NOT to
> do it.  I make exceptions for new kernels, and occasionally language
> tools, like the imminent release of gcc-4.8, but never anything than
> might impact my ability to boot or read & write to the hard disk.
> Libreoffice should be safe enough, but *beware*!

OK, I have been warned.

So, with my sources.list ( one can it see in previously posted mail in this
thread ) if I upgrade ( sudo aptitude update
  sudo aptitude safe-upgrade )

my Debian system, that has installed only LibreOffice from the experimental
repository, how can I know whether other already installed packages from the
unstable repository doesn't become upgraded from the experimental
repository? ( I hope this is explained clear, because English isn't my first
language.)
_____________________________________

In theory, apt will not install from the experimental repository, unless you
tell it to, but I never feel completely comfortable about that.  Programs
acquire bugs and regressions, and I would hate to find out the hard way.

Do not! Use upgrade or dist-upgrade for this!

Use apt-get install

and install the libreOffice meta-package (whatever the actual name is,
probably libreoffice.

Or, you can

apt-get install synaptic

and then run Synaptic, where you can see more clearly what you have selected
to install.

In Synaptic, you can set the preferred distribution to whichever repository
you want to draw from from a drop-down list, and then check it each time you
run Synaptic, using its menus.  In the long run, it's best to learn apt and
aptitude from the command line, but for now, Synaptic or the Aptitude
ncurses UI are probably the gentlest way to get used to installing packages.
If you use the command line, after you install LibreOffice and are
satisfied, go back to sources.list and comment out the line for the
experimental repository.

Mark