Re: ssh fails (was: Re: git pull fails with OpenSSL version mismatch error)

Joel Roth wrote:
> Joel Roth wrote:
> > $ git pull
> > OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 1000005f, you have 1000103f
> > fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
>
> This error also occurs when I use ssh directly, to any
> host.

This reads to me that you have not updated your system, specifically
the openssl libraries.

  # apt-get update
  # apt-get ugprade

> Ah, well, actually I am using unstable...

Be careful out there!  :-)

On Sid I have:

  openssh-client 1:6.0p1-3
    Depends: ... libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.1) ...

Make sure that at the least both of those are up to date.

  $ apt-cache policy openssh-client libssl1.0.0

You might also need others too but I think you must be behind on
updates to those.

Bob