Re: ssh fails - SOLVED (was: Re: git pull fails with OpenSSL version mismatch error)

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 12:36:02PM -0700, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Joel Roth wrote:
> > Joel Roth wrote:
> > > $ git pull
> > > OpenSSL version mismatch. Built against 1000005f, you have 1000103f
> > > fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly
> >
> > This error also occurs when I use ssh directly, to any
> > host.
>
> This reads to me that you have not updated your system, specifically
> the openssl libraries.
>
>   # apt-get update
>   # apt-get ugprade
>
> > Ah, well, actually I am using unstable...
>
> Be careful out there!  :-)
>
> On Sid I have:
>
>   openssh-client 1:6.0p1-3
>     Depends: ... libssl1.0.0 (>= 1.0.1) ...
>
> Make sure that at the least both of those are up to date.
>
>   $ apt-cache policy openssh-client libssl1.0.0
>
> You might also need others too but I think you must be behind on
> updates to those.

Thanks for this suggestion. Your intuition was right!

I just needed to update openssh-client and openssh-server.

I'm just so used to the dependencies being taken
care of by APT, that I was surprised to have to
lift my little pinkie.

Regards

Joel

--