Re: which package has a binary like this sendmail one in exim?

Some interesting replies , many of which seem to have not read your message ;)

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 09:42:31AM -0900, Britton Kerin wrote:
> I know exim sometimes contains a sendmail binary because on one system I
> get this:
>
>   brittonk@brittonkerin.com [~]# sendmail --version
>   Exim version 4.76 #1 built 26-Oct-2012 16:41:54
snip
> But on my debian box (current stable distribution), there is no
> /usr/bin/sendmail binary even though I have exim installed.  There is a
> /usr/sbin/sendmail binary, but it doesn't seem to be the same one because:
snip
> Does anyone know what debian package provides the /usr/bin/sendmail program
> or its equivalent like on the first system described?

There are no packages providing /usr/bin/sendmail in Debian. However if you
were invoking 'sendmail' without a full path as root, you were probably
running /usr/sbin/sendmail. On which host did it result in the version
output? Could the owner of that host have built their own exim from source?

Next question: why do you want it? Although exim as /usr/sbin/sendmail does
not support --version, it does support most other sendmail flags, so it can
be used wherever you might have expected to use sendmail, as a user at least.
What are you trying to do?