Re: Mobile devices ... any of them still use Linux?

On Mon, 2012-11-26 at 16:30 +0000, Jon Dowland wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 01:11:41PM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > It would be nice, if there would be the manpower to enable Linux installs on
> > iThingies.
>
> I've seen a proof-of-concept Linux running on (I think) a first gen
> iPad, but I don't think it's got beyond the "cool this is possible"
> stage.

Correct and  there isn't a jailbreak + some patches and drivers + a
howto available to install Linux.

Alternatively using the iPad as remote would be nice, but I even get a
WiFi connection (at least not ad hoc) established between Linux and the
iPad.

http://www.starnet.com/products/ilivex/