Re: Mobile devices ... any of them still use Linux?

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 09:27:09AM +0400, Yury Sakarinen wrote:
> HI, Carl.
>
> Openmoko (Freerunner GTA02 & GTA04), Nanonote. Touch book (not
> actually).

Obsolete, supported by no carrier, not actually intended for consumer use. I
am not a developer, the target market.

> http://alwaysinnovating.com/products/touchbook.htm

Interesting device, but limited compared to the Zareason one posted earlier.
Half the RAM, 1/4 the mass storage (MicroSD card), one vs. two USB ports,
etc.

Also a quick web search finds literally nowhere to actually buy one.

> Also u can install linux-distro (e.g debian) any android tablet/phone.

In this country (the United States of America), it's arguably illegal and
will often void your contract with a cell phone carrier. (There is one court
ruling that it is legal, but to my limited knowledge the US Supreme Court
hasn't ruled, and until they do that could easily be overturned.)

And even if legal it isn't trivial or safe.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com

Read my blog at blog.nitpicking.com.  Reviews!  Observations!
Stupid mistakes you can correct!