Re: Mobile devices ... any of them still use Linux?

Am 26. Nov, 2012 schwätzte Carl Fink so:

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 01:14:30AM -0700, der.hans wrote:

Yeah, phones have wandered into the wasteland for now :(. What about the
Nexus phones that are Google's approved development line and have official
CyanogenMod support?

I have a grudge against Google. See, I own a Motorola Photon 4G.

http://supportmymoto.com

I don't like being told, "Yeah, we promised you something, but since it
would cost us money to actually do that we're going to just refuse."

Ah, I wasn't aware of all that. I used to buy Mot phones when I could.
Once Mot refused to unlock the Android boot loaders I have refused to even
consider Mot phones. I have been hoping Google would improve things once
it takes over. Guess not :(. Thanks for letting me know about that
campaign.

The Galaxy Nexus is Samsung, but has the Google blessing as a dev platform, so
Cyanogenmod support and functionality should be really good. The carrier
can still raise a stink. If you want more freedom from the carriers, move
to Europe :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  "Civilisation is a race between education and catastrophe" -- H.G. Wells