Re: Mobile devices ... any of them still use Linux?

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 11:36:22AM -0700, der.hans wrote:

> Is it proprietary? Isn't Cyanogenmod an android rebuild because android is
> FOSS? There are certainly some issue regarding release time and what some
> of the phone manufacturers have been doing.

Yes, but. Specifically: but phones aren't sold actually running Cyanogenmod.
Actual Android installed on phones/tables that I can find (with the
exception of your helpful suggestion below) run a proprietary Android
instead.

> There are several allwinner based tablets that can run a traditional
> distro as well as android.
>
> http://zareason.com/shop/zatab.html

What a great-looking device.

Only problem: not in stock right now. I literally might have bought it
instantly if I could have.

Thanks.
--
Carl Fink                           nitpicking@nitpicking.com