Re: Can Debian's paranoia be tamed

Le 25.11.2012 00:14, Andrei POPESCU a écrit :
On Jo, 22 nov 12, 22:30:54, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:

And, seriously, windows users do that by default and their computers
works not so bad.

That's a joke, right?

Kind regards,
Andrei

Yes and no :)

This could become a troll topic, but I will explain my thought at least once. I have a forgotten (and near forbidden, for games only. And, yes, I know there is wine.) partition with an old XP, and it run *not so bad*. But it does not run smoothly, fast, or any nice adjective I usually use to describe how nicely my computers with their true operating system works.

Of course, I am not really a "normal windows user", since I have destroyed and repaired it an unknown but high number of times, and now I know what to disable to have a less insecure system (like... distant access to register, enabled by default... there are also stupid things like telephony enabled by default. Probably an history choice)