Re: Guide / Tools

On Ma, 20 nov 12, 18:59:49, Crypticmofo wrote:

> From the more exprienced Debian users can you guys paste or post a
> list of the most common commands that you use

According to 'popularity-contest | head -100' I'm using these a lot:

sudo
screen
yeahconsole
rxvt-unicode
mutt

Note: my /usr is mounted 'noatime'

Others (in no particular order):
aptitude / apt-get / apt-cache / apt-file
dpkg
mc
man
less
vim
qalc
mpc :D
service
ssh
cat
grep
dwb

Some of these will probably never show in the popularity-contest listing
because I have an an instance running all the time (e.g. aptitude and
dwb).

Kind regards,
Andrei