Re: Can't fix doc-base installation problem (DONE)

On 11/22/2012 03:46 AM, Tom Furie wrote:
On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 04:19:28PM -0800, Gary Roach wrote:

    root@mycomputer:/etc/doc-base# aptitude reinstall doc-base

It seems that some files are missing (install-docs?) but I can't
determine what they  are or where they are. Some help, pleeeeese.
Install-docs belongs to package doc-base. Doc-base can't be
re-installed, because it isn't currently installed. What happens when
you run "aptitude install doc-base"?

If that doesn't work, you could try Osamu's advice.

Cheers,
Tom

Sorry to have bothered all of you and appreciate your effort. I'm trying to restore a system from cold iron and am having difficulty with Backuppc's restore functions. I started comparing files with another (supposedly identical) system and found all sorts of discrepancies. I'm re-formatting and re-installing everything again.

Thanks for your efforts.

Gary R.