Re: Guide / Tools

On 21-11-12 23:06, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
On Wed, 2012-11-21 at 21:28 +0000, Joe wrote:
I use dpkg [...] if I need to install a .deb
<...........>
mc
Indeed. I never went the vi/emacs route since cooledit in mc does all
the admin work I need to do, and I don't do heavy text processing. And
my server doesn't have X, so mc is a useful semi-graphical file manager
and simple text editor combined. And I'm old enough to remember the
Norton Commander...

ah yes: the norton commander! the time 'we' could communicate with keyboard and screen (F4,F9 etc.etc.) how surprising that still was in 1993/1994. i stop now: getting sentimental....

reg.,

steef