Re: Guide / Tools

Le Mer 21 novembre 2012 15:29, Chris Bannister a écrit :
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 10:05:33AM +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>
>> galculator is very good, if you have a num pad where the "." is a ",",
>> OTOH
>> gcalctool does completely display what you typed.
>
> Whats wrong with bc/dc? :)
$man bc

=> Too Long; Did not Read
=> Too Long; Did not Understood how to do a 3+4=, or a 21(base 16)=>?(base
10)

$man dc
=> "reverse-polish" ? What is it? It is surely not for simple calculations
and conversions...

When I need calculations, I want a tool which can understand simple
things. If I need complex ones, I will take my vim and do some
programming.
It sounds like bc have even conditional jumps, btw! I can not see the
point for common calculations.