Re: Guide / Tools

On 21 November 2012 04:59, Crypticmofo <crypticmofo2012@gmail.com> wrote:

What i really want are real life uses everyday ie.. do you use a lot of dpkg commands do you use  a lot of apt or aptitude commands everday

It depends on what you do with your computer.

In my case:

mutt
emacs
ncdu
df -h
ls -laprt
sort
most
vim
/etc/init.d/<some service>  reload/restart/stop/start ...
grep
pgrep
pkill
ps
top
dstat
vmstat
awk
sed
psql
pgadmin3
w3m
wajig
aptitude
apt
dpkg
make
latex
freemind
evince

You do not remember them all when you do not use them.  I have changed job two years ago from system administrator to data-manager and I tend to forget many of the shortcuts I have used as system administrator because I do not use them on a daily basis.

Regards
Johann
--
Because experiencing your loyal love is better than life itself,
my lips will praise you.  (Psalm 63:3)