Re: Gnome3 and Wheezy.

I have been quite satisfied with Gnome 2 in Squeeze, but as a testing user i tried the new shiny GNOME 3 for a month when it came out in unstable/experimental and was quite shocked of the non-usability, besides the fact i needed proprietary drivers to run it. Then i switched to XFCE 4.8 and got my usability back. Things worked like they used to, but i missed the good old Gnome 2 feeling. For me it was a more complete Desktop. Several months ago i gave MATE a chance and so far i like it more, although it's not in the official repos yet(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=658783).

If the project fails, i definitely switch back to the more complete XFCE 4.10 or 4.12.(rendered desktop icons, thunar tabs, revised and updated mixer, config options etc.)