A good GUI MUA? - Was: Gnome3 and Wheezy.

On Thu, 2012-11-15 at 01:43 -0500, Neal Murphy wrote:
> On Thursday, November 15, 2012 01:09:31 AM Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> > Shortcuts to resize the view do
> > work for Thunar, Xfce's file browser. Such shortcuts depend to the
> > applications you're using, the view shortcuts are at least common for
> > all web browsers I know.
>
> I've found <CTRL><mouse wheel> works on a number of apps to scale the fonts
> and/or entire window content, in KDE, Gnome and (now) XFCE. If I can replace
> kmail, I can drop KDE completely (even though I might miss kmahjonng and
> kpatience, a tleast for a while).

I'm looking for a good GUI MUA that allow me to use one source for the
mails from different Linux installs on a Linux multi-boot machine.

I had good luck using different versions of Evolution sharing one
maildir, but one install ships with Evolution 3.6 and this version
completely doesn't work on my machine. When I try to use Evolutions
maildir with Claws or Kmail it doesn't work.

I'm willing to abandon this maildir and to start a new "source
directory" to share mails.

Evolution already replaced Mozillas (Thunderbird, Iceweasel, Seamonkey
etc.), since sharing mails is much easier to set up, when using
Evolution, at least it was easier, I don't know if it's possible today
to share emails very easy using Mozillas.

Regards,
Ralf