Re: Gnome3 and Wheezy.

On Wednesday 14 November 2012 22:23:44 Worrier Poet wrote:
> I understand
> that there's a branch of Gnome 2 still under development, but not by the
> Gnome project people.

Mate.  And I understood that many of the developers had simply jumped ship.
There is also Cinnamon, but I haven't quite gathered what exactly that is.

I jumped ship from KDE 3 to TDE 3.  If you don't like Mate and did like KDE 3
you might be very happy with it.
http://www.trinitydesktop.org/
Mailing list:
trinity-users@lists.pearsoncomputing.net

It is a fork of KDE 3.5.10 and it is KDE 3.5.13.1 to all intents and purposes.
But they are not allowed to mention KDE in the name because of trademarks or
copyright or something.

One of the main reasons I like it, though there are many, is that it is highly
configurable, and I have bad eyesight.  I too make liberal use of ctrl with
+, but I don't use shift to get the plus.  I use the + on the number pad.

Lisi