Re: OT: Seeking Advice on Purchasing a Laptop

On 11/12/2012 11:45 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
I run a Lenovo ThinkPad, but I repair Dells for a living. I just have to wonder what the heck Dell was thinking having Fn and Ctrl in opposite of correct order...

/snip/

Must be a newer Dell. My Dell laptop has the left CTRL key at the far left extreme of the bottom row, just like on my old IBM keyboard. It has a Fn key where the IBM has only an empty space. A much more modern keyboad, a Scorpius LIV has all kinds of push bottons and
stuff, but the left CTRL is also at the extreme left bottom row.

However, if the CTRL key is not where it normally is, perhaps this url will help you to move it: (Google's your friend!)

http://www.askvg.com/customize-any-key-in-your-keyboard-using-sharpkeys/

--doug