OT: Seeking Advice on Purchasing a Laptop

My backup desktop died and I am thinking of replacing it with a laptop.
I am not a gamer but a bit more than a routine user, i.e. occasionally
use big programs and am interested in experimenting with Blender.  I
want to stick with Debian and have no need of Window$.

Touch screen is not essential though I am fond of the touch screen on my
HP Touchpad which is modified to run Android.

Urgency is not high as I have a full backup of the system.

Advice?