Problem configuring multiples monitors

Dear un*xrs,

I have wheezy installed in a DELL vostro that I use to teach. I'm
having trouble disconnecting the projector each time.

When I connect it on the VGA output, it pops up a "system settings"
(KDE style) window that asks me to configure it. That is ok.

The problem arises when I disconnect. The same window appear again. I
tell the system that the computer now has only the standard monitor,
the size and resolution I want. But after clicking OK, and accept, the
monitor acts in strange ways.

Menus and windows appears delayed, only after an update of the screen.
Let me explain: I click on "K menu", but it do not appear. But I know
it is already there. So I click in the supposed position where the
"turn off" button is, and than the "K menu" appear. But now, I know
the "K menu" is NOT there. Instead, I know the little confirmation
window to turn of the computer is at the center of the screen. So I
try to click on that invisible button and the "KDE logoff sound" is
heard. Now the computer starts turning itself off.

Very annoying.

Anyone else having this problem? Is there a bug reported I don't know about?

Thanks!
Beco

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

--> . <--

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it
everyone you love, everyone you know..." (Carl Sagan, 1934-1996)