Re: testing install in acer aspire v5-571P with uefi/gpt

On Sun 11 Nov 2012 at 20:28:46 +0530, L V Gandhi wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > See where you get by booting into Debian and doing 'update-grub' as
> > root.
> >
> I did that. But could not get it.

On the installed system  run 'os-prober' and look at what gets output on
the screen and in /var/log/messages.

Check /usr/lib/os-probes/mounted/20microsoft. Mine has the facility to
detect the Windows 8 loader.

> Further I would like to know how to know that kde version kernel in iso is
> same as in repository?

At

   http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/

it says:

   These images are produced every week, normally on a Monday, but this
   may vary. They include:

    * The latest debian-installer build (currently the "sid" daily
      builds of the installer)

There is a list of udebs, imluding kernel-image, in the installer at

   http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/i386/daily/