Re: scid: Location of X11 library: not found

On 2012-11-05 18:28 +0100, Dr Beco wrote:

> Now I have a doubt: why crafty can read tablebases and not scid? Isn't
> the source code the same, and so the policy applied by debian?

No, because crafty is in non-free, hence not subject to the Debian Free
Software Guidelines¹.  The tablebase code may not be modified or
included in another product without its author's permission.  Including
it in scid would mean having to move scid to non-free.

Cheers,
       Sven

¹ http://www.debian.org/social_contract.html#guidelines