Re: scid: Location of X11 library: not found

On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Chris Bannister
<cbannister@slingshot.co.nz> wrote:
> Why not just enable the tablebases in crafty, and use crafty as the
> analysis engine, or are you using the tablebases for a different
> purpose?

Hi Chris,

I was able to load the engine with tablebase under scid, nice tip,
thanks. It worked ok, but the engine keeps running, and that is
something I don't want. Scid with tablebase is cool, just query it and
shows the options (no heat, no speed up the fan, no battery issues or
high processor usage). I use scid mainly for database search. I have a
lot of books I read and typed the moves in scid since long time ago,
and also some databases from the internet. Also, when I play some
game, I save it in a database with all my own games (not a PGN,
although scid can read PGN). That's my main usage, not analysis engine
(I also use analyses engine with scid, but that is not the main usage,
and I don't use crafty to do that).

So, as a workaround, it will be ok.

Now I have a doubt: why crafty can read tablebases and not scid? Isn't
the source code the same, and so the policy applied by debian? Or I
better be quiet, before some policies read this and disable crafty as
well?

Cheers,
Beco

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

--> . <--

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it
everyone you love, everyone you know..." (Carl Sagan, 1934-1996)