Re: [OT] debian package maintain tutorial

On Sunday 04 November 2012 15:18:08 T o n g wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Nov 2012 17:13:21 +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> >> For more than one year I wish to pick up some package to maintain but
> >> has never proceed further.
>
> Exactly my situation as well, just I've been wishing for years.
>
> >> I don't know it's a problem or not, such as I can figure out the
> >> meaning of (a+b)(m+n)=am+an+bm+bn then reading:
> >> "to multiply two sums you must multiply each term of the first sum by
> >> each term of the second sum and then add all the products."
> >>
> >> It's so easy for me to get lost in words.  especially manual.
>
> Very powerful illustration. Totally agree!
>
> > Join the Debian Women list*, and ask for a mentor.  They help men as
> > well, but are particularly keen to help women because they feel that
> > women are under-represented.
> >
> > This scheme is there for precisely your situation.
>
> I guess I'm not that lucky then. lina, hope you blog along your way (or
> find something better), so people like me and us can benefit from your
> more-practical writing style.

On the contrary, they will also mentor men - we are not sexist!  I don't know
how many men, but they won't eat you!!  Neither you nor Lena has to blog.
Just get a mentor!

Here is the address again:

debian-women@lists.debian.org

Just join the list and ask for a mentor.  There is also a wiki page about it,
but I'm not sure where that has got to.  It was being revamped and I don't
know whether it has been finished.

The mentors are there to help with precisely the type of problem Lena has -
and apparently you have also.

Lisi