Re: Driver issue: ASUS NX1101 gigabit PCI adapter connection issue

On Thu, 2012-10-25 at 15:18 -0500, John W. Foster wrote:
> I have installed a ASUS NX1101  gigabit PCI ethernet adapter features
> jumboframes: wharever that is. LOL.
> mY question is that I downloaded the latest drivers for RealTek from
> stable "backports" & tried/did/ install them. They do not work with this
> card.  The readme file on the driver that works from ASUS is listeds
> as : This is the Linux device driver released for RealTek
> RTL8169S/8110S, RTL8169SB/8110SB, and RTL8110SC.
>
> The instructions asked for me to remove the driver from Debian for the
> r8169 which I did. I also removed the entire firmware driver that
> containes it. I was able to get the card to working manually by
> following their instructions. However. I have to redo the manual
> installation every time I shut down the system. PITA: I can send the
> driver to anyone that has the skills to offer assistance. I prefer to
> have it 'debianized" but someone telling me how to get it to setup when
> the system is rebooted would be OK as well for now. I will also be happy
> to send intel or files to the firmware developers so that they may
> incorporate this new card.
> Thanks
> frosty
I really hate doing this. Answering my own post but I do it because
others may run into the same issue. First I do not yet have a "Debian"
solution. I was however able to cobble together a script using webmin
that loades the module driver and start-up along with defaout-Stop for
the card. If anyone else has this, issue mail me and I will help.
If anyone i.e. developers come up with a "Debianized" version, I would
appreciate a heads up.
Thanks
frosty