Re: How to update

On 10/25/2012 02:41 PM, Edwin Zarthrusz wrote:
Can you send me a straight-forward list of commands for updating and applying any necessary security patches and such on my install? And is there a way of getting it to update automatically?

TIA
--
Be. Love. Ed.

The information you require is in the following packages.

1. aptitude package   man aptitude will display the commands
2. debian-reference A reference Doc that can be viewed in a a browser (html).

These packages are a must have for any new user.

HTH

--
Wayne