32bit binaries on 64bit system?

Dear Debian-user, newly installed AMD64 Squeeze.

I've decided to try installing Debian in 64bit for the first time, and
restoring my home files has exposed a 32bit legacy.

"wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

So I installed all the ia32libs, but the error is occurring. Clearly
the "ELF class ELFCLASS32" is not being recognized as having
libraries available.

This is one small binary, but if I can get ELFCLASS32 recognized for
one little binary, then it will be available for any others, too.

Suggestions? My Google-fu reveals answers for particular applications,
but nothing which makes it system-wide.

Curt-

--
The secret of happiness is freedom,