Re: Wally Lepore

On Tuesday 16 October 2012 11:35:39 Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> In this particular case I don't think Wally needs help, just a bit more
> confidence in his abilities ;) but I have received lots of CCs in the
> past as well.

Yes, so have I.  But I am currently getting 95% or more of my personal email
from or about Wally.  This has never happened before, and is causing me
considerable inconvenience.  I have a fair number of filters set up that
place all list email in separate folders.  But I do still have some personal
emails.

As I say, I have never in all the years I have been on this list had anything
like this magnitude of an inconvenience.

And I agree that Wally just needs more confidence, and I have gone to
considerable lengths to try and get him there.  I have even been told that I
should be ashamed of myself for telling him to just grab the bull by the
horns and do it.  (Whatever it is that time.)  But I just can't cope with the
volume I am getting in my personal folder.

I will look again at whether I can word a filter so that it does not exclude
personal emails from list members, which I have no desire to do, but does
exclude copies of things that are also going to the list.

I mostly filter via my email client.  The only type of filtering that I do in
Gmail is null-filing.

Lisi