Re: Reason to NOT install from online repositories

I used Debian Linux for a number of years.  I recently got a new HP computer running Windows 7, which gave me minimal problems, aside from annoyances (Microrsoft is very good at being annoying.)  Anyway, I expect to return to Linux very soon (not Debian, but Aptosid, since it's more up to date.)  I have a high speed connection but I will be starting from a CD.  Do you have any suggestions?

--Stephen Mazurek

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Charles Kroeger <ckrogrr@frankensteinface.com> wrote:
On Mon, 15 Oct 2012 17:50:02 +0200
Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> Not all of us have convenient access to a high speed
> internet connection.

Back in the day I used to download a version of Debian over a 56K modem (that rarely
achieved those speeds) I used to set it to downloading around midnight and get up
the next morning and it was usually finished or almost and if it had stopped in the
night I just restarted at that point, but it did get done and the ISP didn't
complain.

Of course I don't know what kind of data transfer restrictions you may be subject to
if any but patience is still free.

--
CK