Reason to NOT install from online repositories

Recently someone was chided for attempting installation from a CD.

Not all of us have convenient access to a high speed internet connection.

I can have limited access to "high" speed access by carrying one of my laptops to the local library. I don't find downloading more than a live-CD feasible due to bandwidth limits they set to provide maximum usage for maximum number of users.

Even the live-CD doesn't give me a functioning system as it does not include a dialer for an analog modem. I solved _*MY*_ problem by purchasing the 8 DVD set of install disks.