Re: Storage server

Am Montag, 10. September 2012 schrieb Veljko:

[… no backup before and then backup as necessary evil …]

> > If so, if I would be in the position to say no, I would just say "no
> > thanks, search yourself a different idiot for setting up such an
> > insane  setup". I understand, you probably do not feel yourself
> > being in that position…
>
> Exactly, I'm not.

You have my sympathy.

I hope some of the answers to your questions help you to make something
good out of the situation you are in.

If you made sure to explain the risks to your boss you can say in case
anything bad happens: I recommended doing backup in a different, safer way
than you allowed me to do it and thats the result.

And you are right: Some backup is better than no backup.

(PS: And I didn´t want to imply that you were an idiot - my above sentence
could be read as that. Sometimes its about a feeling of lack of choice. I
wish that you will create more choice for yourself in the future. From
what I read from your answers you are quite aware of the situation.)