Re: mysql-server 64 bit on a 32 bit lenny

On 9/5/2012 11:17 PM, Bob Proulx wrote:

> I don't think knowing more about the kernel will help.  Especially now
> that you pointed out the 32-bit userland and wanting a 64-bit mysql.
> That seems the critical point.

I tend to agree.  At this point I'm thinking his best option may be
installing a 64 bit KVM or Xen kernel and running his current system as
a guest, if such a retrofit is possible (haven't tried it).  Then
install a new 64 bit guest Squeeze system w/mysql.

The OP left out important details, such as whether the box is a server
or a workstation, needs to run a GUI desktop or not.

--
Stan