Re: Weird postfix problem when upgrading to Squeeze

On 9/4/2012 10:58 AM, Pedro Eugênio Rocha wrote:

> The weirdest thing is that it was working before the upgrade. Anyway, just
> changing the format solves the problem, but finding where the problem was
> gave me some headache and some email lost.  :-}

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html

Each logical line is in the form "parameter = value". Whitespace around
the "=" is ignored, as is whitespace at the end of a logical line.

Empty lines and whitespace-only lines are ignored, as are lines whose
first non-whitespace character is a `#'.

A logical line starts with non-whitespace text. A line that starts with
whitespace continues a logical line.

Reading that carefully reveals your problem, which I already explained.
 Whitespace at the end of a line terminates the line, making it a
logical line.  Therefore, you cannot continue that logical line.
Therefore, the leading space on the following 3 lines causes Postfix to
ignore them, because logical lines begin with non-whitespace characters.

Thus, never use trailing whitespace in a Postfix configuration file.
Recent versions of Postfix are much pickier about enforcing
main/master.cf syntax.  Postfix 2.9 even informs you of deprecated and
unused parameter definitions in your config files.

--
Stan