Re: libsdl1.2-dev – Nolonger supports Color Ascii Ourput (libcaca) - WHY?!

On Tue, 04 Sep 2012 05:17:06 -0700, Nzvr Salamon wrote:

> What the fuck?

Please refrain from bad wording and also from sending html posts... :-/

> Why did you drop support for libcaca output.

You mean "us"? This list is for users not devels, we did "nothing".

So better that you start first by explaining in plain and detailed (and
also educate) words what's your complaint all about to canalize your
claims through the right channel.

> Secondly, what are the commands to download the source, then change one
> setting (add the libcaca support to sdl), and then recompile a new sdl
> package?

You can, for instance, go here, download the sources and make your own
mods:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/libs/libsdl1.2.html

> SDL_VIDEODRIVER=caca ./dgen SONIC1.BIN
>
> sdl: Couldn't init SDL: No available video device!

(...)

Are you familiarized with Debian BTS (bug tracking system)? If you think
there's any problem or something is broken or you have a suggestion...
you can report it. Bad manners don't help at all.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón